The Magento 2 Certified Professional Front End Developer exam, a primarily scenario-based exam, is designed to validate the skills and knowledge needed to understand Magento’s theming components and the ability to modify the user interface according to best practices.
This exam is for a Magento 2 Front End Developer with a deep understanding of Magento 2 fundamentals and with 1.5 years or more of experience with Magento 2.
Exam topics and the percentage covered in the test.
1. Create Themes : 7%
2. Magento Design Configuration System: 7%
3. Layout XML in Themes: 18%
4. Create and Customize Template Files: 8%
5. Static Asset Deployment: 5%
7. Use LESS/CSS to Customize Magento Look and Feel: 8%
8. Customize the Look and Feel of Specific Magento Pages: 22%
9. Implement Internationalization of Frontend Pages: 5%
10. Magento Development Process: 3%
ABOUT THE EXAM
- 60 Multiple Choice items
- 90 minutes to complete the exam
- Score of 63% or higher needed to pass
- Based on Magento Open Source (2.2) and Magento Commerce (2.2), but applicable to those using any version of Magento 2.
- No hard-copy or online materials may be referenced during the exam
PREREQUISITES AND RESOURCES
- No prerequisites
- We recommend taking the Core Principles for Theming in Magento 2 course as a first step
- 1.5 or more years of hands-on experience with Magento 2 front end development
- Free Study Guide available HERE