About This Book
In the world of e-commerce, there are dozens of tools available to use in custom web design and development. Out of all of these options, Magento is the web’s fastest growing e-commerce platform. Its architecture makes it possible to extend the functionalities using plugins, which are shared by the community, extensively.
This book is a practical guide packed with examples so developers can understand its fundamental concepts and then start developing and testing Magento code. The book starts by building your knowledge of Magento, providing you with the techniques and tools you require to start your first Magento development. You will then learn to work with data collections and the EAV system, before gradually moving on to extending the frontend and backend. You will learn all about deploying and distributing custom modules.
This book will help you navigate your way around your first Magento developments, helping you to avoid all of the most common headaches that new developers face when first getting started.
- Build your first Magento extension, step by step
- Extend the core Magento functionality, such as the API
- A practical and succinct guide to test your Magento code
Who This Book Is For
This book is written for PHP developers who are familiar with frameworks such as Zend or CakePHP and want to start developing and working with Magento. No prior knowledge of Magento is required.
What You Will Learn
- Build your very first Magento extension
- Deploy and distribute custom modules
- Extend Magento’s core functionality
- Use development techniques and tools for Magento
- Implement the design patterns that form Magento
- Test Magento with different tools and frameworks